North Shore Presbyterian Church, Shorewood, Wisconsin, began as a "mission" of Westminster Presbyterian Church, Milwaukee in 1922.
The first service of the newly organized Shorewood Presbyterian Society was held on June 16, 1923 in a storefront on Atwater (now Capitol Drive) and Stowell Avenue. The old Shorewood jail located next to the village hall served as a setting for Sunday School for a period of time.
The original wooden church building built in 1924 was at Kenmore and Oakland Avenues.
Shorewood Presbyterian Society changed its name to Shorewood Presbyterian Church in 1929.
Membership and church school attendance had grown to where two Sunday services were needed. The Society's name was changed to North Shore Presbyterian Church in 1951.
A new larger brick church of Colonial architectural style was built at Kenmore and Bartlett Avenues and dedicated on March 16, 1952. Construction of the educational wing and chapel addition was completed in 1959.
A large brick memorial patio, again of Colonial design, was built in front of the church during summer 2002 to better facilitate the summer 9:00 a.m. outdoor worship.
A new logo was created with a pineapple image to represent North Shore Presbyterian Church around Shorewood, WI. The pineapple is the universal image which means hospitality. We welcome you to worship with us.